The following instructions will explain how to build a cheap Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) tester. Total cost is less than $ 5.00. It is needed for the Crank Position Sensor & ICM Troubleshooting Tutorial
- 1 - 12 volt automotive type LED with built in resistor
- 2 - Fully insulated, 2 inch, Alligator Clips
See photos below
- Strip insulation from the end of each wire to expose 1/2" of bare wire.
- Remove the alligator clips from the rubber insulator.
- Slide the rubber insulation over the matching colored wires.
- Run the wires through the end of alligator clips as shown in the photo.
- Wind the wire around the screw clockwise and tighten the screw down.
- Carefully crimp the end of the alligator clip on the wire without cutting the wire.
- Slide the rubber insulators over the alligator clip.