The following instructions are for removing the Instrument Panel Cluster [IPC] from 1988-89 model Reattas. Instructions for 1990-91 models are slightly different.
- Put steering wheel in lowest position.
- Grasp the center bar of the Instrument Cluster's Trim Panel as close to the outside edges as possible. Remember that the Trim Panel has a top layer as well as a black back panel so be sure to grasp both pieces.
- Give panel a firm tug and the "friction" clips that hold the panel in place will release in all 4 corners.
- Remove the four screws with a nut driver that hold the Instrument Cluster in place.
There are two screws in each corner of the cluster. Be sure to remove the screws that hold the cluster in place. You may have to adjust the steering wheel position to give you easy access to all the screws. A little hint if your nut driver is magnetized Great! otherwise I have a magnet on a retractable shaft to pull the screws out once they are loose.
- Hook your fingers aound the cluster and give it a short tug to release it from the IPC connection.
- Ease it out from the dash.
Install is the reverse of installation. I can remove a cluster in about 5 minutes, but I have removed dozens. Someone doing this for the first time may take close to 20 minutes due to being cautious.