Remove the license plate and and any frame you may have around it. Failure to do so could result in damage to the taillight assembly!
- Open the trunk.
- Pull down the carpet in the trunk behind the taillight.
- Remove the ten black plastic wingnuts that hold the taillight assembly in place.
Don't forget the wingnuts at the extreme outsides. A couple of the wingnuts are hidden, just look carefully.
- Lay some old towels on the bumper to prevent scratching it or the paint.
- Carefully remove the taillight assembly from the car by pulling it straight out without forcing it.
- If the factory set up has not been changed the complete assembly will be tethered to the car with two cables to prevent it from falling to the ground.
- Remove the bulb from the taillight assembly by twisting the holder counter clockwise.
- There are two marker light on each in that can be replaced while the assembly is removed if desired.
Put a small amount of dielectric grease on the bulb base to help prevent corrosion.
- Reverse the procedure to install the assembly back into the car
Be very careful not to break the red reflector lens when you install the taillight assembly. DO NOT use force to get the assembly back into place. DO NOT overtighten when reassembling and tighten all the wingnuts evenly.